[mythtv-users] SCIENTIFIC LINUX 7 and MythTV: a cautionary tale

John Pilkington J.Pilk at tesco.net
Sun Oct 26 18:09:21 UTC 2014

Last week I got a 'new' box and installed the recently released
Scientific Linux 7.  Yesterday I installed a new build of MythTV master
from homebuilt rpms.

Today, after making a recording, I stopped the frontend. When  restarted
it reported a DB mismatch.  I find that I have been 'updated'
automatically to 0.27-fixes.

SL7 Release Notes do make it clear that this automatic updating is a new
SL-specific default and provide a package to revert it, but I hadn't
thought to install it.  I got caught because my package names aren't
properly constructed to look like updates.

http://ftp.scientificlinux.org/linux/scientific/7.0/x86_64/os/sl-release-notes.html#_sl_provides_automatic_updates

Apart from that it seems to work well :-)

John P