[mythtv-users] Schedules Direct DataDirect replacement service testing

Leo Butler leo.butler at member.ams.org
Sat Oct 25 19:52:29 UTC 2014

<leo.butler at member.ams.org> writes:

> Robert Eden <rmeden at gmail.com> writes:
>
>> On 10/15/2014 9:46 AM, Jay Foster wrote:
>>>
>>> One thing I noticed in the listings from the replacement service is
>>> that it is sending data for all channels in the lineup(s), instead
>>> of just those that were enabled on the SD website.  This works fine,
>>> in that one gets the listings, but does take more bandwidth and
>>> time.  This is not something that I think needs to be "fixed" soon,
>>> but just an optimization for later, if ever.
>> Another bug fixed.  (OTA lineups are completely different internally than cable channels)
>>>
>>> I have been using the replacement service for the last couple of
>>> days, and I am noticing something that concerns me.  The listings
>>> data I am getting appears to not be equivalent enough to the
>>> previous service to match my previously recorded rules.  I'm seeing
>>> shows that I know I previously recorded being rescheduled for future
>>> recordings.
>> Can you be more specific?  What's wrong/missing from the raw data?
>>
>> Leo had a similar issue.  It was determined he had MythTV configured
>> to use a SD station_Id that was excluded  but TMS-DD was sending it
>> anyway.  SD-DD was only sending data for the HD station_id and his
>> rules were not configured to use that.
>
> Sorry, Robert, I think you are wrong. The diff output here
>
> http://pastebin.com/1tZgC4yB
>
> shows 6 diff chunks, with 8 stations in total, that are in the TMS-DD
> data but not in the SD-DD data. When I checked on my SD account, these
> stations were included in the Cable source, but not the CableDigital
> source. So, the error was not with TMS-DD but SD-DD--or so it seems to
> me.
>
> However, you mentioned you may see different settings than we see on our
> SD accounts (?), and I wonder if this is what is happening to me.
>
> As I said, CableOne is killing analog cable, so I won't see this
> incongruity in a couple weeks.

First, let me thank RobertE for his signal work on the transition at
SD. I have been running from the new source almost every day since he
announced it here and it has worked nicely.

However, there is a twist.

CableOne did its switch-over, and the problem noted above persisted,
even after whitelisting all channels in the digital source. I had tons
of failed recordings. It turns out that the mythconverg channel table
had multiple channels listed for each of the channels that were causing
the problems noted above. 4 months ago, when setting up, I had
blacklisted those channels from the digital source on SD because
recordings were failing. I had resorted to blacklisting because I
couldn't figure out why recordings failed on only a small number of
channels.

In the end, this thread here

http://www.mythtv.org/pipermail/mythtv-users/2012-July/336364.html

helped me track down the problem and the wiki page

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/UK_Channel_Assignments

guided me in doing a bulk enabling of only the channels my cable
subscription includes (after grabbing them from the hdhr3-cc).

Since I had never touched the channel table, etc., I do believe that the
corruption was caused by either bad data from SD or mythtv mishandled
good data. I can't determine which it is because my backups don't go
that far back.

Leo