[mythtv-users] multiple selectable audio device configurations

Brian J. Murrell brian at interlinx.bc.ca
Sat Oct 25 19:46:08 UTC 2014

I normally have my FE configured to route sound out of the
HDMI-connected sound device, out to my TV.

I had occasion the other night to need to plug headphones in.  No plug
in the TV for that.  So I plugged them into the FE's stereo out and
reconfigured the FE to route sound there instead.

It got me to thinking that it would be useful to be able to configure
multiple sound devices and give them names and them make them selectable
under the Audio menu when playing back.

Am I the only one that thinks this would be useful?

Cheers,
b.