[mythtv-users] Commercial detecting on a remote backend? Should it work?

Hika van den Hoven hikavdh at gmail.com
Sat Oct 25 00:25:23 UTC 2014

Hoi John,

Saturday, October 25, 2014, 1:08:47 AM, you wrote:

> I have a linux box that is sitting mostly idle in the evenings and I
> want to use it to help with commercial flagging when it is available.  I
> have the backend running on the "idle" linux box and I can see it get
> the comflag job passed to it however it does not appear to flag the
> commercials.  I have noticed that if a recording is commercial flagged
> on the same host as the recording the breaks appear to work but if the
> commercial flagging is done on a backend where the recording was not
> generated then the breaks appear to not be flagged at all.

> Any information on this would be appreciated.

Start a backend on that machine and set it in mythtv-setup to accept
the jobs you want to run there. Also if you no longer want the run
them on the masterbackend, disable it there. I use this to run
transcoding jobs on my normal working machine, that has a 6 core
athlon, while the master backend has enough to do.

Tot mails,
  Hika                            mailto:hikavdh at gmail.com

"Zonder hoop kun je niet leven
Zonder leven is er geen hoop