[mythtv-users] Commercial detecting on a remote backend? Should it work?

John Nissley jnissley at nissley.org
Fri Oct 24 23:08:47 UTC 2014

I have a linux box that is sitting mostly idle in the evenings and I
want to use it to help with commercial flagging when it is available.  I
have the backend running on the "idle" linux box and I can see it get
the comflag job passed to it however it does not appear to flag the
commercials.  I have noticed that if a recording is commercial flagged
on the same host as the recording the breaks appear to work but if the
commercial flagging is done on a backend where the recording was not
generated then the breaks appear to not be flagged at all.

Any information on this would be appreciated.