[mythtv-users] log errors

Daryl McDonald darylangela at gmail.com
Thu Oct 23 23:26:55 UTC 2014

On Thu, Oct 23, 2014 at 6:27 PM, Bill Meek <keemllib at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 10/23/2014 05:01 PM, Daryl McDonald wrote:
>
>> My bad, I don't know how to separate them, also when I look at them I look
>> from the bottom up, I'm interested in the most current info. Is this
>> uncommon logic?
>>

> Try this: http://pastebin.com/9RRJJ3tR
>
> --
> Bill

OK, I assume that this will produce an abbreviated log, first question,
should I add my myth version at the end of the following:

# You may need to adjust one or both of the next two lines
# for your system:
LOGDIRECTORY="/var/log/mythtv"
PATTERN="${1} version:"   add  [ 0.27.4"] ?

and second, how do I use it?

daryl at daryl-A780L3C:~$ gedit shortlog.sh
daryl at daryl-A780L3C:~$ sudo chmod 775 shortlog.sh
[sudo] password for daryl:
daryl at daryl-A780L3C:~$ ./shortlog.sh
usage: ./shortlog.sh mythprogramname (e.g. mythbackend)
daryl at daryl-A780L3C:~$

not very well so far, as evidence above.