[mythtv-users] MobileMyth v.7 Released - Better Late Than Never

Jon Heizer jheizer at gmail.com
Thu Oct 23 16:55:56 UTC 2014

On Thu, Oct 23, 2014 at 11:26 AM, Brian J. Murrell <brian at interlinx.bc.ca>
wrote:

> On Thu, 2014-10-23 at 08:53 -0500, Jon Heizer wrote:
> >
> > As far as the chromecast, all the loop holes getting closed you may have
> > heard stories about
>
> No, I have not heard any stories.  Could you expand on those?  What
> exactly are the details and problems?
>
> > kept shutting me down too.
>
> So are you saying that your using Chromecast was only possible due to
> loopholes?  Surely nobody wants a technology solution based on loopholes
> do they?  Loopholes get closed, I guess as you have seen.
>
> Why do you need loopholes?
>
> b.

At first there was a general default video play on the chromecast that
anyone could use without an API key.  Some of the first released Chromecast
apps used this. Ex:
http://www.droid-life.com/2013/08/26/google-responds-to-third-party-apps-breaking-after-latest-chromecast-update/
  One of the first updates to the device removed that ability and required
you to have your own key.  Ok fine.  Then when the final SDK was released
they will only issue you a key if you are using their official SDK, which I
was not in the slightest.  I'm a website, not a Java/obj-c app.  So I'd
have to have apps acting as a middle man to get anything to work.  After
having to start over a few times I just haven't touched it since.

I'm not saying Myth and chromecasts are a dead end, just from a website
they are basically.

Jon