[mythtv-users] intel nuc's

Warpme warpme at o2.pl
Wed Oct 22 19:27:22 UTC 2014

On 21/10/14 21:36, Wayne Roberts wrote:
> Hi all,
>

> Has anybody got an intel nuc (i5) working as a frontend?

Yes. I'm using it as disk-less FE.
Works oob - but for MythTV FE I'm classifying Intel gfx as worst choice
due lack of double-frame-rate DI.

 From Nvidia/AMD/Intel I would say:

-Nvidia is hand-down best choice. Perfect stability. Something like
class C HW like i.e. 610M and it does 2x Advanced DI.

-Second is AMD as it does VDPAU and 2x temporal DI, albeit r600 class HW
have occasional framedrops, while radeonsi class HW currently have
tearing due broken DRI2 Vsync page-flipping (bug84944) when glamor is
enabled (it's is mandatory on radeonsi so now it is showstopper)

-Third is Intel HD as has only 1x DI

In long-term, Kabini seems to be really promising. I do tests with
fan-less 9W TDP E2100 (2x1GHz streamroller + HD8310) and subjectively it
is faster than my ION2 (asus EB1033 with 1,86GHz D2550)

br