[mythtv-users] mythtv dropping mysql???

Marc Tousignant myrdhn at gmail.com
Wed Oct 22 13:18:24 UTC 2014

Mike,

Here is what I care about, and some of these are probably what others are
worried about.
Will I have the tools needed to find/identify/fix an issue with the
database?
My most common issue is loss of power corrupting the MySQL database. Running
a repair will fix, but like you mentioned, I make sure that nothing else is
accessing the database at the time.
Second most common is MySQL log files growing too big and needing to be
purged, but that's because I don't have MySQL setup to do it automatically.
I assume this would be handled automatically when me migrate.

I would also like a simple way to update channel
numbers/frequencies/mplexids outside the frontend. Comcast has on occasion
changed the lineup on me and not updated their own listing, or SD was still
using the wrong one, etc. I have had to work with SD to resolve channel
issues in the past and being able to read/correct info in SQL was helpful,
so having a way to continue to do this going forward would be preferred.

MarcT