[mythtv-users] mythtv dropping mysql???

mythtv at phipps-hutton.freeserve.co.uk mythtv at phipps-hutton.freeserve.co.uk
Wed Oct 22 09:36:37 UTC 2014

Quoting Andréas Kühne <andreas at kuhne.se>:
> If using an embedded database is one way to make the development easier and
> also create a more stabil system I say: Go for it!
>
> Just my 2 cents!

I hereby take the pledge to try to help improve the proper access to
the database. I also promise to put my scripts on the wiki (once I've
finished fiddling).

I would like a backup plan though. How about a compile time option to
open a socket that allows SQL queries and return the data? No
validation and no support if you blow it up. Normal users won't have
it but sad people like me can use it while they port their scripts over.

I don't have a testing machine and no VM's so when the change happens
to -fixes I'll be stuck with whatever is in the python bindings until
the next release or backport.

Cheers,
Tim.