[mythtv-users] Best way to edit recording metadata to label generics?

Eric Sharkey eric at lisaneric.org
Tue Oct 21 02:14:15 UTC 2014

What's the preferred method for setting the metadata for a "generic" episode?

For example, I have a recording:

Title: Mythbusters
Subtitle:
Plot: Hosts test urban legends
Season: 0
Episode: 0

If I push M to bring up the menu, then go to "Recording Options" ->
"Change Recording Metadata" I can manually enter correct info for all
of the above fields.  If instead, I hit E, then go to metadata
options, set just the season/episode numbers, then "Perform Query" it
fills in the correct subtitle and plot, but there doesn't seem to be
any way to save this information with the recording other than going
back to "Change Recording Metadata" and retyping all of that from
memory.  Is there a way to either do a lookup on the "Change Recording
Metadata" dialog or to save the query results from the Metadata
options dialog?

(I'm using 0.27, FWIW)

Thanks,

Eric