[mythtv-users] Radio recordings are zero bytes; TV is fine

Hika van den Hoven hikavdh at gmail.com
Mon Oct 20 23:20:06 UTC 2014

Hoi Nicolas,

Tuesday, October 21, 2014, 1:02:30 AM, you wrote:

> Am 2014-10-21 00:16, schrieb mythtv-users-request at mythtv.org:
>> Message: 11
>> Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2014 20:39:36 +0100
>> From: Keith Edmunds <kae at midnighthax.com>
>> To: mythtv-users at mythtv.org
>> Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] Radio recordings are zero bytes; TV is
>>       fine
>>
>> I have the logs as requested.
>>
>> The FE log is at http://pastebin.com/XyTzL562 (ignore log before
>> 20:23:36
>> - sorry, I meant to trim it).
>>
>> The BE log is at http://pastebin.com/2ua5VuJG
>>
>> What was done: both the BE and FE were rebooted. On the FE, I went to
>> "Watch TV", displayed the program guide, scrolled to BBC Radio 4, and
>> tried to play it. MythTV crashed.
>>
>> I restarted MythTV and repeated the above. This time I had a black
>> square,
>> the height of the screen, and after a while a dialog box that said,
>> "Could
>> not read first 2048 bytes".
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Keith
> I tried this on my system as well and it did worked! Screen went black,
> but radio audio was played correctly!
> But I could not stop then... mythfrontend was unresponsive and I had to
> kill it (via -9 aka SIGKILL). Repeated this 2 times and it behaved
> identical all 3 times.

> This is german dvb-t here with MythTV 0.27, no current updates, I
> assume (last update session is some weeks ago).

As far as I know a digital radio feed is in essence the same as a TV
feed, only with an empty video stream. So if Tv works, radio should
work too. With Keith my suspicion is at the channel settings. It seems
Mythtv doesn't get input. Why it locks with Nicolas I have no idea.

Tot mails,
  Hika                            mailto:hikavdh at gmail.com

"Zonder hoop kun je niet leven
Zonder leven is er geen hoop