[mythtv-users] silence detection blocks jobqueue [ mythcommflag; silence.py ]

Roger Siddons dizygotheca at ntlworld.com
Mon Oct 20 11:28:10 UTC 2014

On Mon, 20 Oct 2014 11:30:49 +0100, Stefan Pappalardo
<stefan.pappalardo at gmx.de> wrote:

> Am 18.10.2014 um 17:59 schrieb Roger Siddons:
>> Even though it's not detecting anything, it may take a while (3-4
>> minutes) to process the recording if it's long - are you allowing it
>> long enough to finish before killing it ?
>
> In most cases I got aware of the job-qeue-blocking a day or two later,
> quite enough time to finish.
>
> Stefan Pappalardo

That's interesting. Maybe the mythffmpeg is crashing, in which case the
script may well hang.

Another test is to try it in a terminal with a very low audio threshold,
ie:

silence.py 14065 --loglevel debug --preset -50

That should produce lots of detections/logging, so we can see if it starts
or how far it gets.

Could you also post the result of "mythffmpeg -i" on the problem
recording, probably:

mythffmpeg -i <path>/1043_20141015125000.mpg