[mythtv-users] Missing Schedule Data

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Sun Oct 19 16:00:32 UTC 2014

On Sun, Oct 19, 2014 at 2:44 PM, Peter Bennett (cats22)
<cats22 at comcast.net> wrote:
> I have a similar problem.  I upgraded my mythtv to 0.27.4 yesterday and
> so mythfilldatabase used the new URL today (October 19)
> I get two weeks of schedule, but a day and a half is missing.
> Mythfilldatabase reports " Grab complete. Actual data from
> 2014-10-18T09:07:36Z to 2014-11-02T09:07:36Z (UTC)"
> I see schedules from now to 8 PM Friday October 31 and Sunday Nov 2 4:30
> AM to Sunday Nov 2 7 PM
> The period from 8 PM Oct31 to 4:30 AM Nov 2 shows "No Data".
> There is no error message in the mythfilldatabase log to indicate why
> that day and a half are missing.

The new SD-DD service (and, indeed, the SD-JSON service
which obtains its data via the new Gracenote service) only
has 13 days of data (more or less, and since the "flat file"
that is used for the SD-DD service was stated to be created
only once a day, probably a little less for some).  That is
slightly less than the previous TMS-DD service (which
sometimes reported up to 16 days of data).  So, give it a
few days, and verify that indeed you are seeing (about)
13 days of data going forward.  That is what I am seeing.

Note that there is a (small) complexity for those that
have not upgraded or pointed their DNS to the new
name (i.e. still using the old DNS name).  As part of
a transition experiment, the DNS name that points to
the old server will get the TMS or the SD server about
50% of the time.  Which means one run you might get
16 days (if you hit TMS-DD), and another time you get
13 days (if you hit SD-DD).  So there may be some
jitter in your days until the old TMS-DD service is fully
retired (on, or about, Nov 1st).