[mythtv-users] Notice to Schedules Direct users

Ozzy Lash ozzy.lash at gmail.com
Fri Oct 17 18:42:17 UTC 2014

On Fri, Oct 17, 2014 at 1:08 PM, Gary Buhrmaster <gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Fri, Oct 17, 2014 at 5:23 PM, Tom Dexter <digitalaudiorock at gmail.com>
> wrote:

> digitalaudiorock at gmail.com>

> >> I'm curious :) So how does that data then get into the myth database
> >> so it can use it?
> >>
> >> Paul H.
> >>
> > Precisely...
>
> Let us be gracious and congratulate Robert on the first
> step he has made to actually address the entire sentence
> he quoted.  Sure, it is only a first step, and there is more
> to do, but I would expect he wishes this to be production
> worthy for the largest customer base of SD, and a logical
> next step will be to be XMLTV compatible output.  I would
> not "kill the messenger" in announcing a work in progress
> as long as there is a stated intent to move towards the
> real goals.  I am, however, waiting for SD to actually
> announce their real goals in this effort.

Gary,

I am a curios about the desire of the developers to only support xmltv
grabbers.  I see that there is an xmltv grabber for data direct the RobertE
has been supporting (and it looks like it already has the change of the
server address).  Do the developers prefer that users use the tv_grab_na_dd
xmltv grabber?  I've not tried to set that one up, but it sounded like the
data direct part of mythfilldatabase is currently un-maintained.

Bill