[mythtv-users] mythcut - modify for frame accurate cuts?

Mark Perkins perkins1724 at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 16 21:17:36 UTC 2014

> On 16 Oct 2014, at 11:32 pm, "John Pilkington" <J.Pilk at tesco.net> wrote:
>
>> On 16/10/14 13:29, Mark Perkins wrote:
>> Does the owner of mythcut (https://github.com/roadrunner6/mythcut) reside on
>> this list at all?
>>
>> I quite like the look of mythcut so far, but would like to modify it to
>> allow frame accurate selections (if that is possible) rather than keyframe
>> accurate selections. I wondered whether the owner (or indeed anyone on this
>> list) had any suggestions on what changes might be needed to enable this.
>>
>> Thanks in advance for any assistance and suggestions.
>
> I forget what format you need, but it seems that mythtranscode --mpeg2 is working again in master.
> https://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/12280#comment:6

Thanks John. This Mythcut is pretty much just a web browser method for generating the cutlist in the first place. It looks like you can queue recordings to transcode using the default transcode method but I don't plan to use it, I'll just keep using my custom script.

Really I am looking for a way to multitask - watch TV and tweak cut lists on a tablet at the same time.

It seems to already work very well, i am quite impressed. But my cuts rarely ever fall on a keyframe and I have a strong personal preference to not have either the extra few seconds of commercials at the start or lose a few seconds of the intro.