[mythtv-users] Schedules Direct JSON service on the back burner?

Joseph Fry joe at thefrys.com
Wed Oct 15 18:04:40 UTC 2014

I have noticed that almost all of the discussion on this list has related
to the RobertE's XMLTV adaptation to SD's new JSON service... which seems
like more of a workaround than anything.

Is anyone actually using the JSON service, is there any effort to move
things in that direction?  It really does seem like the better solution,
though I suspect that we will ultimately need database changes, and perhaps
some changes to mythtv-setup (or whatever is to replace it) to manage our
lineups.

While I suspect that I will have to use the XML solution come Nov 1st, I
fear it's simply because adjusting things to support the JSON data isn't
getting the attention it deserves.  I know RobertK has a script for the
JSON service, but haven't seen any real discussion from folks testing it...
thus I am not sure I will be comfortable going that route come Nov1.