[mythtv-users] Schedules Direct DataDirect replacement service testing

Jay Foster jayf0ster at roadrunner.com
Wed Oct 15 17:43:48 UTC 2014

On 10/15/2014 9:58 AM, Robert Eden wrote:
> On 10/15/2014 9:46 AM, Jay Foster wrote:
>>
>> One thing I noticed in the listings from the replacement service is
>> that it is sending data for all channels in the lineup(s), instead of
>> just those that were enabled on the SD website.  This works fine, in
>> that one gets the listings, but does take more bandwidth and time.
>> This is not something that I think needs to be "fixed" soon, but just
>> an optimization for later, if ever.
> Another bug fixed.  (OTA lineups are completely different internally
> than cable channels)
>>
>> I have been using the replacement service for the last couple of
>> days, and I am noticing something that concerns me.  The listings
>> data I am getting appears to not be equivalent enough to the previous
>> service to match my previously recorded rules. I'm seeing shows that
>> I know I previously recorded being rescheduled for future recordings.
> Can you be more specific?  What's wrong/missing from the raw data?
>
> Leo had a similar issue.  It was determined he had MythTV configured
> to use a SD station_Id that was excluded  but TMS-DD was sending it
> anyway.  SD-DD was only sending data for the HD station_id and his
> rules were not configured to use that.
>
> Robert

I switched back to the original service and did a fresh data pull. I
then switched to the new replacement service and did a fresh data pull.
I saved the downloaded listings data for each.  The suspected duplicate
recording rule issue programs showed up the same in the upcoming
recordings in mythweb using both methods.  I examined the raw XML data
for one of these, comparing the two services, and they each contained
the same information.  At this point, I'm not sure why I'm seeing this
for some episodes.  It is possible that for some of them, they were not
actually previously recorded.  Seeing several of these for different
series pop up in the same week seemed like too much of a coincidence.

I also noticed that the new replacement service is still sending data
for all of the channels in the lineup, not just the ones that are
enabled on the SD website.

Jay