[mythtv-users] Playlists with Videos (not Recordings)?

Anthony Giggins seven at seven.dorksville.net
Wed Oct 15 12:38:57 UTC 2014

On 12 October 2014 06:13, Thomas Boehm <mythtv-users at lists.boehmi.net>
wrote:

> On 10/10/14 23:02, Chris Gaskell wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > Other than "Play Folder", is there any way to create playlists for
> > Mythtv Videos?  Even a random play option on the "Play Video" solutions
> > would be good.  (My 3 yr old gets a bit fed up watching the same
> > episodes of Thomas!)  Having the same functionality that's available
> > with recordings would be great.
> >
> > Maybe its for the wish list but anyone has a solution I'd be glad to
> know.
>
> You could filter the display to only show unwatched videos...

you could insert the videos into recordings using
http://nowsci.com/mythmediamonitor/

However I'd say this would be completely not recommend by the devs, also
note there are a few changes that need to be do to support 0.26+ which you
can find in the comments on that page, I've also altered this somewhat to
insert into the oldrecorded table to try to avoid episodes being
re-recorded which already exist. personally I run this only on demand only
on specific folders.

I can share my hacked code if you'd like.

Cheers,

Anthony