[mythtv-users] New MythTV feature - background image on list of recorded shows

Dick Steffens dick at dicksteffens.com
Tue Oct 14 05:03:52 UTC 2014

On 10/13/2014 07:09 PM, Mark Perkins wrote:
> I think Hika is going to be correct - it's most likely 'fanart'. For some reason the media downloader has started to work where previously it has been failing for you. That's a good thing? Maybe?
>
> There is the disable checkbox in the options as suggested by Hika. But I think you will also need to find and delete everything that has been downloaded to date. And (IIRC) even then you might still get some.
>
> I think something that has worked for others previously is to change the permissions of where ever your coverart / fanart is going so that the MythTV user no longer has write access to that location, try a search of the list for more details. I think there was a thread along these lines in the last couple of months.

I took a brief stab at that. I did find a check box, but it was already
unchecked, which is supposed to mean that it does not download the
artwork on a daily basis. I also found /var/lib/mythtv/coverart. I
removed all the files from there but there were still images in the
theme I use. Just now I discovered the fanart directory, so tomorrow
I'll try doing to that what I did to coverart. I'll also try your
recommendation to change the permissions on both of those directories.
I'm not concerned about seeing those images. If that works, great. If it
doesn't, maybe I'll have to invest some time in learning theme building
and build one that ignores artwork.

Thanks to all of you who have responded. I'll post my results from
tomorrow's work after I get to do it.

--
Regards,

Dick Steffens