[mythtv-users] "Default Settings" notification on playback

Hika van den Hoven hikavdh at gmail.com
Mon Oct 13 23:58:04 UTC 2014

Hoi Jean-Yves,

Tuesday, October 14, 2014, 1:35:18 AM, you wrote:

> On Thursday, October 9, 2014, Hika van den Hoven <hikavdh at gmail.com> wrote:

>> you only get the notification if you lost the connection to the
>> backend earlier (and a notification saying so will too)

> In 0.26 you only got notification while it was reconnecting. So most
> of the time you didn't see it on wake-up.
> Now it stays on much to long. It's simply not interesting and blocking
> view.

> In 0.26 you would have had a pop up window. Taking most the screen
> that you would have had to manuall dismiss by pressing the ok.
> Now you don't have to dismiss it, you have a notification stating
> that you lost connection, and one stating its connecting fine once again.

> If you didn't see the pop up in 0.26 then under the same exact
> circumstances you won't see the new notification either. The
> notification simply replaced the old pop up.

> My guess is that something else was changed, outside of myth.
> Distribution updates, kernel update?
> If you were to reinstall 0.26, you would see the popup instead. And
> this thread would be about how annoying it is to have to manually dismiss a window!

Unless it uses external libraries, I don't see what could have been
changed. Yes in 0.26 it was bigger, but it only was there while
reconnecting. And yes theoretically you could click it away but once
connected it disappeared and before, you didn't need to click it away,
for you couldn't do anything anyway and it would come back.
Now another pop-up tells me that it is connected, which is
superfluous and even extending the period I have to wait. The
disappearance of the connecting pop-up already tells me that!

Also I think it would be nice if you could adjust the pop-up settings
other then by changing the source-code. But I guess that has to wait
till 0.28 or later. Also maybe nice would be if they were transparent
only showing text, like through xosd.

> Now, the notification mentioned in the first post is another type.
> I myself never paid attention to it, as it is very short, and
> usually disappear before my projector has time to adjust its settings

Tot mails,
  Hika                            mailto:hikavdh at gmail.com

"Zonder hoop kun je niet leven
Zonder leven is er geen hoop