[mythtv-users] How to check if a tuner is in use

George Nassas gnassas at mac.com
Mon Oct 13 19:21:51 UTC 2014

On Oct 13, 2014, at 3:09 PM, Hika van den Hoven <hikavdh at gmail.com> wrote:

> How do I check if a tuner is in use by Mythtv. This so I can check in
> my radio script if the tuner is available.
> Can I find that in the database or is there a command. Or do I have
> to check through the logs?

You can query the backend via http like so:

   curl http://localhost:6544/Status/xml

and get back xml. grep for Encoder to see if the one you want has state = 0. There is also pending information in the output.

If you're able to use xsl transformations you'd be even farther ahead but grepping will get you there too.

- George