[mythtv-users] Schedules Direct DataDirect replacement service testing

Ben Kamen bkamen at benjammin.net
Mon Oct 13 19:11:26 UTC 2014

On 2014-10-13 11:49 AM, Bill Meek wrote:

> The Wiki has been updated to include the RPZ solution, as well as
> with the 0.28-pre commit. Thanks for all the suggestions.
>
>      http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Schedules_Direct_Replacement_Service
>
> The 1st official fix is out! And it's the same one line change
> that has appeared on this list.

Very nice job!

  -Ben

p.s. I might also suggest that at the global level (in options),

> allow-transfer {none;};
> allow-update {none;};

Are dangerous as they would break DDNS coming from Clients or the DHCP Server (update) and transfers to other secondary servers using the master (transfer).

I'd assume those familiar with BIND would know those already - but again, for clarity, maybe those lines could be written as:

> allow-transfer {none;}; /* If no secondaries need to transfer this zone */
> allow-update {none;};   /* If this is not a secondary server, or no DHCP clients or servers need to update this zone */

if you'll note in the files I gave you, allow-update and allow-transfer were in the zones, not the global option level.

Again, I'd hope someone familiar with bind would know that, but maybe a little comment would be good just to be sure.