[mythtv-users] Schedules Direct - Cliff's Notes?

Bill Meek keemllib at gmail.com
Mon Oct 13 04:16:37 UTC 2014

On 10/12/2014 09:45 PM, Ben Kamen wrote:
> On 2014-10-12 9:09 PM, Kirk Bocek wrote:
>> Forgot the closing curly-brace and semi-colon:
>>
>> <pre>
>> zone "rpz.localhost" {
>>      type master;
>>      allow-query {localhost;};
>>      allow-update {none;};
>>      file "/etc/bind/db.rpz.localhost";
>> };
>> </pre>
>
> I would warn/advise that the "allow-query" is not needed as you'd want ALL hosts that might refer to that server to be able to get the RPZ entries.
>
> What if my DNS server isn't my MythTV system -- but my mythTV system points to this new shiny DNS server?
>
> I'm using split-views in my DNS config -- so no one from "outside" my network gets the RPZ entries, but EVERY computer inside my network does.
>
> And that's ok... (if not a good thing.)

Thanks for the comments.  I' was writing the Wiki for the
"appliance user", which I'd guess the 3 of aren't. But I
see frequent reference to it on the list.

One concern is trying NOT to write a nameserver tutorial.
I've noted the allow-query entry and I'll test some more
tomorrow. I could comment it out, but leave it in with
some comments. We'll see.

--
Bill (Clifton K. Hillegass is probably rolling over in his grave
at the length of these threads;).)