[mythtv-users] Schedules Direct DataDirect replacement service testing

Bill Meek keemllib at gmail.com
Fri Oct 10 16:57:28 UTC 2014

On 10/10/2014 08:58 AM, leo.butler at member.ams.org wrote:

>>> Yes. The log is at
>>>
>>> http://pastebin.com/kNgbAFr8
..
>> Sorry Leo, just to explicitly ask the question - So when you removed the entry
 >> from /etc/hosts you got all your missing listings data?
>

> Yes, I believe I did. To answer Bill Meek's question, I looked at
> Information Center -> System Status -> Schedule Status on the
> frontend. Before, I had no recordings scheduled using the analog source
> sd-cable, and after, I have 35 scheduled recordings using that source.
> $ mythbackend --version
> Please attach all output as a file in bug reports.
> MythTV Version : v0.27.3-164-g629f711

That's a pretty good test! Bad news is that mine is A-OK.

Equally bad is I'm running out of ideas.

1. Any chance you modified any lineup information in MythTV
    after you started testing with the new service? If the
    answer is yes, ignore the rest of this response.

2. Please pastebin the output of this:

HOSTNAME=localhost
wget --quiet --output-document=- $HOSTNAME:6544/Channel/GetVideoSourceList | \
     sed -e 's/></>\n</g' | egrep -v 'Password|UserId'

    *Be super careful, the commands above will remove your
    SD UserId and Password, but check before pasting!!!* It's
    to be run on your backend (or change  HOSTNAME=localhost
    as required.)

3. Here's the script I use to see if the new and old
    hosts are working: http://pastebin.com/N4UvEeTR
    It might be worth running it with and without the
    /etc/hosts entry. [the Title & Subtitle are intentionally
    truncated to fit on a terminal window]

--
Bill