[mythtv-users] Radio Times XML Feed

Jan Ceuleers jan.ceuleers at gmail.com
Wed Oct 8 19:22:09 UTC 2014

On 10/08/2014 08:15 PM, Karl Dietz wrote:
>> Another step I would recommend is to add '--days 14' to the
>> tv_grab_uk_atlas command line, because without it (despite the xmltv
>> documentation stating otherwise) the grabber will not grab all available
>> data without it.
>
> That is unrelated.
>
> If you add --refresh 0-99 to the mythfilldatabase args in setup and let
> mythtv handle the invocation, then mfdb will take care of calling
> tv_grab_uk_atlas once for each day from now until it doesn't get any
> data anymore.
>
> Bonus: Should PA extend their guide to 21 or 28 days you have nothing
> to change later.

OK, but your "if" does not hold in general. It does not hold for me, for
example, because I need to use multiple grabbers and data sources for
each video source I have (and I don't like the complexity of
tv_grab_combiner).

So I run my multiple tv_grab_whatevers in parallel, then feed the
results to mythfilldatabase --file for each relevant --sourceid.

I would therefore like grabbers to actually implement the XMLTV spec and
grab all available data without having to specify the --days explicitly.
This is a bug.

Jan