[mythtv-users] Schedules Direct DataDirect replacement service testing

Ben Kamen bkamen at benjammin.net
Wed Oct 8 05:33:25 UTC 2014

On 2014-10-06 11:47 PM, Robert Eden wrote:

> Here's what Tribune's documentation has to say on the subject of "series":
>
>      Field length, maximum 14 (e.g. SH00016827 for an episode for program EP000168270054).
>      Optional: For an episode program (begins with EP), designates the series id.
>
> So that's what my code does.. takes a subset of the program_id and changes EP to SH.
>
> But you guys are right, TMS-DD isn't following their own rules! I'll change the output to match TMS-DD.

As an academic exercise, I once wrote a CallerID decoder for one of those CallerID dongles that delivers the demodulated 1200bps stream right to the serial port..

When I finished the code for decoding the packets, I had one of my friends call me to test it... as I watched the function blow up.

Turned out, the local telco was sending me packet data that violated the format sending my decoder off into la-la land.

It's amazing, no?

You'd think the telephone company could follow established telco standards.

(sigh)

  -ben