[mythtv-users] Chromebook as Frontend?

Eric Sharkey eric at lisaneric.org
Tue Oct 7 21:49:31 UTC 2014

On Tue, Oct 7, 2014 at 5:20 PM, Chuck Peters <cp at ccil.org> wrote:

> I was thinking about buying my father a Chromebook and installing Ubuntu
> on it.  I would like to know which ones will handle a 1080 HD mpeg
> stream from a HDHomerun Prime.  Anybody try it?
>
> Some people seem to like running the ones with Intel chips, and not so
> much on thae ARM processors.  I was looking at the ASUS C300 13.3-Inch,
> $250, and called ASUS to find out what Intel HD graphics chip it has,
> and they couldn't tell me.  I wish I had one to run lshw and lspci on...

It's not a discrete chip, it's integrated into the CPU (system on a chip).

This link:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834231756&nm_mc=KNC-GoogleAdwords-PC&cm_mmc=KNC-GoogleAdwords-PC-_-pla-_-Chromebooks-_-N82E16834231756&gclid=CjwKEAjwns6hBRDTpb_jkbTv1UYSJACBhberzw2W6Nv_7Kp33MdJmJm7Tx0sEnezovEtUQeWSkRl5xoCHJHw_wcB

Says it has the N2830.

You can google that to find benchmarks such as here:

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Intel-Celeron-N2830-Notebook-Processor.112086.0.html

Eric