[mythtv-users] Schedules Direct - Cliff's Notes?

Bill Meek keemllib at gmail.com
Tue Oct 7 15:26:09 UTC 2014

On 10/07/2014 09:56 AM, Phil Bridges wrote:
> Can anybody provide me with a Cliff's Notes version of what's going on with
> Schedules Direct, and what I as a user should do?  From what I understand,
> the end of Schedules Direct access as I currently know it is at the end of
> the month - correct?

1. If you'd like to test now, put this line in your /etc/hosts file:

    54.84.32.205 docs.tms.tribune.com webservices.schedulesdirect.tmsdatadirect.com

2. If you'd rather not test, then just wait. I've seen no official
    word on how the change will be made. Either some or all users
    will need to add the above, or perhaps some versions of MythTV
    would get a patch that changes:

    docs.tms.tribune.com webservices.schedulesdirect.tmsdatadirect.com

    to:

    dd.schedulesdirect.org

    in the source:

    https://code.mythtv.org/cgit/mythtv/tree/mythtv/libs/libmythtv/datadirect.cpp#n547

3. There was discussion about a DNS change, such that users wouldn't have
    to do anything. Last word on that was that it *wouldn't* happen due to
    some political reasons (far beyond my pay grade.)

--
Cliff