[mythtv-users] Conditional custom recording rule

John P Poet jppoet at gmail.com
Mon Oct 6 21:36:44 UTC 2014

On Mon, Oct 6, 2014 at 2:25 PM, Ian Evans <dheianevans at gmail.com> wrote:

> First off, I'd like to thank Hika, Stephen and Nicolas (and anyone else
> who'll be jumping in) for looking at this. The fact that we can even toss
> this around shows how great MythTV is as compared to the STBs offered by
> the cable and sat companies.
>
> I guess it's really an exercise in laziness. :-) I could just have a rule
> for the backup newscast set at a lower priority, but I like to keep my
> conflict list free of priority conflicts (I only occasionally get them) so
> that when I look I see the real conflict choices between two classic movies
> or docs.
>
> I see here (http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Custom_Recording) that nested
> selects work. But do if/then/else phrases?
>
> This is not valid sql or mythtv obviously but the logic might be:
>
> IF (select title='CTV News' and time='6pm') = 0 THEN schedule Global News
> at 6pm

You can create a Custom Record Rule which uses multiple references to
programs.  The 'Additional Tables' just needs filled in to let it know that
you want to base your rule off of another "program".  See the attached
screenshot for an example (hopefully you can read it, since I had to save
it at an extremely low quality).

John