[mythtv-users] Myth on Enlightenment Window Manager

Hika van den Hoven hikavdh at gmail.com
Mon Oct 6 19:54:02 UTC 2014

Hoi Steve,

> Just wondering if anyone is using the Enlightenment window manager
> on their systems (frontends really)
>

> I have a system with Arch Linux + Enlightenment running on it and
> see a few weird issues with MythWelcome (i.e. after a clean powerup,
> I do nothing but close MythWelcome and it appears to kill the desktop…)

This probably means you start mythwelcome in ~/.xinitrc as the last
command. This means that closing it closes X.
In .xinitrc you can start several programs followed by a &. The &
means go to the background and continue processing the script. Only
the last command I think shouldn't have a following & for probably
then X would close on finishing starting up.
You can try placing mythwelcome before the start of the WM followed by
a &, removing the & after the WM command. This makes the windowmanager
the X closing application.

Tot mails,
  Hika                            mailto:hikavdh at gmail.com

"Zonder hoop kun je niet leven