[mythtv-users] How to Prevent Freeze When Starting Playback

Tremayne, Steve steven.tremayne at honeywell.com
Mon Oct 6 17:12:10 UTC 2014

Let me know how you get on with the tuning.

It’s one of those things which I feel could make little to no improvement until things like this crop up.

I’ve no idea how you would measure the MySQL / MariaDB performance before and after tuning to know whether it’s made any differences – but if it prevents startup delays, then that’ll probably be the best measure ☺

One other thought – after reading another thread about failed drives… you’re not suffering from a pre-failure drive problem are you? Perhaps check the SMART data too…