[mythtv-users] Conditional custom recording rule

Nicolas Krzywinski myth at site7even.de
Mon Oct 6 17:02:57 UTC 2014

Am 06.10.2014, 14:00 Uhr, schrieb <mythtv-users-request at mythtv.org>:

> Message: 9
> Date: Tue, 07 Oct 2014 00:42:26 +1300
> From: Stephen Worthington <stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz>
> To: Discussion about MythTV <mythtv-users at mythtv.org>
> Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] Conditional custom recording rule
>On Sun, 5 Oct 2014 23:45:01 -0400, you wrote:
>
>> Just wondering if this use case is possible.
>>
>> We normally record the local CTV news at 6pm. On weekends, depending on
>> sports schedules, they don't air a 6pm news at all, pre-empting it for the
>> game.
>>
>> We can't just schedule another local news just in case because we already
>> have another show recording and we have just two tuners.
>>
>> Is there anyway to say in a rule something like this:
>>
>> "If there isn't a show with the title 'CTV News' airing at 6pm on CFTO
>> record  'Evening News' on CIII-HD instead"
>>
>> Thanks.
>You could try having a rule for the CTV News with a high priority on
> it, and another rule for the "other local news" with a low priority.
> So it will normally record both if enough tuners are available, but if
> it runs out of tuners and gets a conflict, the low priority "other
> local news" will not record.
While I do not want to deny that this will work, I - personally - rate the proposed solution by Hika higher (quoted below), because the mentioned priority battle always will generate warnings about conflicting recordings.
Again - this is only optics and technically it will work - but to leave respect to "real" conflict warnings it would be better to avoid known ones.

Am 06.10.2014, 14:00 Uhr, schrieb <mythtv-users-request at mythtv.org>:

> Another thought. Keep your normal rule for ctv news in place and add
> another rule that records one show daily at 6 o'clock whose title
> contains 'news' or whatever with as prerequisitive that the 6 o'clock
> ctv news is missing! I think there are sql rules to that effect
> around.
This sounds serendipitly interesting, though I don't have a use case for it! ;-)
I just checked the examples in the create recording rule screen, but did not found something similar. Do you have an example (link)?

Nicolas

--
www.nskcomputing.de