[mythtv-users] Running MythTV on CentOS

Kirk Bocek t004 at kbocek.com
Mon Oct 6 15:43:59 UTC 2014

On 10/6/2014 8:32 AM, Ben Kamen wrote:
> I'm still on 0.25 from ATrpms, but plan on upgrading one of these days.
>
> I run the backend on a CentOS 6( 6.5 to be exact) system and then I
> have 2 frontends that are actually LinHES installs.
>
> They work fine.
>
> I'm also one that doesn't like having to constantly update the OS
> install because of EOLs on a previous version.
>
> That was the reason I switched to CentOS from Fedora. Sooo annoying.
>
>  -Ben

So where are you planning on going for packages? The actual ATrpms
packages are out of date. I was planning on using Stephen Collier's
scrpms packages. There was one other repo compiling Myth for all the
various EL distros. Can't remember off the top of my head. But it was
doing it a bit differently and there were issues if you cross upgraded.