[mythtv-users] Netflix

Ozzy Lash ozzy.lash at gmail.com
Sat Oct 4 21:41:26 UTC 2014

On Sat, Oct 4, 2014 at 3:47 PM, Ian Evans <dheianevans at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sat, Oct 4, 2014 at 4:56 AM, Gerhard Gappmeier <gappy1502 at gmx.net>
> wrote:
>
>>  On 10/04/14 01:40, Ian Evans wrote:
>>
>>  On Tue, Sep 30, 2014 at 12:16 PM, Gerhard Gappmeier <gappy1502 at gmx.net>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> 3.) edit /usr/share/mythtv/themes/classic/mainmenu.xml (the path may
>>> vary on your system)
>>>
>>> Add the following new "Netflix" command.
>>>

>>> <button>
>>>
>>> <type>VIDEO</type>
>>>
>>> <text>Netflix</text>
>>>
>>> <action>EXEC DISPLAY=":0.0" /usr/bin/google-chrome-stable
>>> --alsa-output-device=iec958 --start-fullscreen https://www2.netflix.com
>>> </action>
>>>
>>> </button>
>>>

>>  I use TintedGlass as my theme and there doesn't appear to be a
>> mainmenu.xml. Any idea where I'd change it?

>>  The theme only configures the style. I'm using MythCenter-wide,
>> nevertheless the menu structure is configured by themes/classic/mainmenu.xml
>>
>> Actually I also do not understand how the two parts are working together.
>> I would expect the the theme somehow references the classic structure,
>> but I could not find that.
>>
>> Maybe it works the same way for TintedGlass.
>>

> I dunno. I made the change to the mainmenu.xml and nothing showed up in
> TintedGlass.

I think that depending on how you have the frontend configured, it may be
using a different layout that classic. You might try making the change in
the other mainmenu.xml files in:

/usr/share/mythtv/themes/DVR/mainmenu.xml
/usr/share/mythtv/themes/Slave/mainmenu.xml
/usr/share/mythtv/themes/classic/mainmenu.xml
/usr/share/mythtv/themes/defaultmenu/mainmenu.xml
/usr/share/mythtv/themes/mediacentermenu/mainmenu.xml

Bill