[mythtv-users] Schedules Direct DataDirect replacement service testing

Yeechang Lee ylee at pobox.com
Sat Oct 4 18:15:14 UTC 2014

Robert Eden <rmeden at yahoo.com> says:
> If you can't modify your code, you (and your users) can add this to your
> hosts file.
>
> 54.84.32.205        docs.tms.tribune.com
> webservices.schedulesdirect.tmsdatadirect.com

I regret to report the lack of success with 0.26.

After modifying /etc/hosts I verified that the above domain names
resolve to the 54.xx IP address, and made no other changes; however,
when running 'mythfilldatabase --dd-grab-all', during several attempts
over several days the schedule data did not update based on System
Status | Listing Status. Undoing the /etc/hosts modification and
rerunning mythfilldatabase properly updated the data again. Perhaps
the hard-coded domain names in 0.26 are different from the above?