[mythtv-users] Problem configuring new Mythbuntu 14.0.4.1 install

Craig Huff huffcslists at gmail.com
Fri Oct 3 20:10:19 UTC 2014

Got it installed and running on an alternate boot disk, but I've run
into a problem.  In Mythbuntu Control Center, the Repository tab
doesn't show any repositories at all.  I tried to get the repository
list filled out by clicking on the "Refresh available repositories"
button, but the pop-up window that results remains blank for a long
time before eventually coming back with this message:
    Control Center Progress
        URL Error: Failed to download new DB file

At first, I thought that somehow the ethernet connection was not
working, but the Chromium web browser can access well-known websites
(e.g. google, yahoo, comcast.net, etc.) and running nslookup from a
terminal window can identify other systems on my lan even though I
have not yet made entries in /etc/hosts and /etc/ethers (I know I
don't need them populated when running dnsmasq on my router, but when
it crashes, it's a lot easier to muddle along while I'm fixing it ;-)
).

I tried my google-fu, but had no luck, so I'm turning to the wisdom of
the list.  Can anyone help point me in the right direction?  TIA.

Craig.