[mythtv-users] Navigating Video Directories very slow after last Mythbuntu mini Update (0.27) [SOLVED]

Kingsley Turner krt at krt.com.au
Fri Oct 3 19:03:20 UTC 2014

On 16/08/14 07:29, Kingsley Turner wrote:
> Hi-yas,
>
> After the last mythbuntu update pushed out a few weeks ago, Navigating
> Video directories has become very slow.
>
> Going into my "TV Series" folder causes a delay of about 8 seconds,
> whereas this used to be instantaneous.
>
> Any help would be much appreciated, I'm tired of my family complaining
> about it.

Ok, this is solved (with help from one of the devs!)

It's actually a Browse Mode *option* of MythTV to do this.

see: https://forum.mythtv.org/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=304#p1324

Even knowing what was wrong, the GUI is a bit confusing to me here. There's
two options 'Browse Filesystem (Slow)' or 'Browse Library (Recomended)'.

Obviously I have the "Recomended" one selected now, but to me it looks like
it's the other way around.  You may have to play with it a bit.

cheers,
-kt