[mythtv-users] lossless_cut errors out

rdvAndroid@gmail.com rdvandroid at gmail.com
Fri Oct 3 17:38:40 UTC 2014

On 14-10-03 05:49 AM, Daniel Neher wrote:

> Is there a temp way to fix it for now?
>
> On Oct 3, 2014 3:22 AM, "John Pilkington" <J.Pilk at tesco.net
> <mailto:J.Pilk at tesco.net>> wrote:
>
>     On 03/10/14 10:14, Daniel Neher wrote:
>
>         Hello all,
>
>         I'm trying to use lossless_cut to cut out commercials and drop
>         the file
>         that was cut into another directory. Every time I try to
>         actually run it
>         on a recording (with out the --test option) it errors.
>         My command is as follows:
>
>         user at ubuntu:~$ lossless_cut -f
>         /media/TV/1021_20141002000000.mpg -m
>         /home/user/Downloads/
>

>         MythTV.exceptions.MythDBError: MySQL error: not enough
>         arguments for
>         format string
>
>     I got the same error in MythArchive.
>
>     See https://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/12268
>
>     That's been marked as a duplicate but TTBOMK it hasn't been fixed yet.

Dan,
     I've looked at the patch supplied that is likely to fix this issue
but am left with a few questions for the developer community.

1) Is ticket #12260 only an issue with MythTV v0.28-pre,  as I'm not
having the problem with v0.27?
2) Second should scripts that trigger this issue make a code change to
find a recorded record via a "recordedid" instead of "chanid/starttime"?
3) Last if the answer is yes for #2 above, then is using "recordedid"
backward compatible for the python bindings? Right now Lossless cut
supports v0.24 to v0.27, I've never tried it with v0.28-pre.
4) Could the reporter of the issue "Dan" apply the patch attached to
ticket #12260?

I have not as of yet looked at the lossless cut code to see if there are
any issues using "recordedid" so cannot say if there are any lingering
ramifications.

I'm looking for your input before making changes to working code.

Thanks

Doug