[mythtv-users] Schedules Direct DataDirect replacement service testing

Robert Eden rmeden at gmail.com
Fri Oct 3 12:54:34 UTC 2014

On 10/3/2014 6:16 AM, Doug Lytle wrote:
>>> 54.84.32.205        docs.tms.tribune.com     webservices.schedulesdirect.tmsdatadirect.com
> I've had this in place for the last couple of days and today I've noticed that I'm getting junk recordings.
>
> I'm using a power rule against category and all the Schedules Direct data shows categories of 'Unknown'  I remarked out the host entry and my categories are back.
>
> Is this a bug?
>
> Doug
More of a known issue...

 1. SD DD Genre-Relevance starts with 1 not 0. I doubt this will hurt any apps, but it made my coding easier.
 2. SD DD Genre-Relevance values not, "relevant". I don't seem to have correct priority for relevance so I just make them sequential. I'll try and
    work on this later, but right now am more concerned with getting a working service out.

MythTV sets category based on Genre-Relevance=0.  SD-DD starts with 1.   If it started with zero, that wouldn't help.. you'd get seemingly random
categories.

I promised to fix this, but not sure it will be done by Nov 1.... there are bigger issues to tackle.  My initial goal is for folks to mostly keep
working after Nov 1.

Robert