[mythtv-users] Schedules Direct DataDirect replacement service testing

Tom Dexter digitalaudiorock at gmail.com
Thu Oct 2 22:52:04 UTC 2014

On Wed, Oct 1, 2014 at 5:13 PM, Robert Eden <rmeden at yahoo.com> wrote:
> On 10/1/2014 3:50 PM, Tom Dexter wrote:
>>
>> On Wed, Oct 1, 2014 at 3:14 PM, Bryan Anderson <shadow431 at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> I just added to my hosts and ran mythfilldatabase.  Everything looks good
>>> so
>>> far, I will check my schedule this evening, but based on cli output looks
>>> good on my box.
>>>
>>> Bryan
>>>
>>> -Bryan Anderson
>>>
>> Interesting...thanks for the update.  the other day I started looking
>> at the 0.27.3-fixes MythTV code around the schedules direct stuff, and
>> one part threw me off...though I haven't looked into it in detail:
>>
>> In the file mythtv/libs/libmythtv/datadirect.cpp I see this:
>>
>>      DataDirectURLs urls1(
>>          "Schedules Direct",
>>          "http://webservices.schedulesdirect.tmsdatadirect.com"
>>          "/schedulesdirect/tvlistings/xtvdService",
>>          "http://schedulesdirect.org",
>>          "/login/index.php");
>>
>> What didn't add to be where those last two entries, which appear to
>> get used in DataDirectProcessor::GrabLoginCookiesAndLineups to log in
>> and get a login cookie.  Given that the hosts file change wouldn't
>> affect schedulesdirect.org itself, that didn't make sense.  That is,
>> that the new server could use a cookie from a login on the the live
>> shedulesdirect.org server.  Maybe something there isn't being used as
>> I'm assuming...like I said I hadn't looked into it in detail.
>
> I suspect the last two entries are simply used by the GUI to direct folks to
> the SD web site.  It's not used to obtain guide data.   I'd like hostname in
> the second URL changed to dd.schedulesdirect.org at some point. (so host
> file changes aren't needed).
>
> Robert

By the way...I never saw this until others pointed out that your
emails are being marked as spam in Gmail.  Just found this and all
your other emails to this thread in the spam folder.

Looking closer I think those ULRs and the method that uses them to log
in and get lineups etc
(DataDirectProcessor::GrabLoginCookiesAndLineups) is used in
DataDirectStationUpdate, which appears to be used only with the
mythfilldatabase --only-update-channels option and nothing else, as
far as I can see.

Thanks for the reply!
Tom