[mythtv-users] Schedules Direct DataDirect replacement service testing

faginbagin mythtv at hbuus.com
Thu Oct 2 18:03:27 UTC 2014

On 10/2/2014 8:29 AM, Robert Eden wrote:
> On 10/2/2014 3:19 AM, Kris Jensen wrote:
>> Added the change to my hosts file. Did a mythfilldatabase. So far
>> so good.
>>
>> way too easy.
>>
> Thanks!
>
> One issue with MythTV that has come up is the known (and documented)
> issue of the relevance value for genre.
>
> MythWeb uses the "zero" value for color coding the entry. Replacement
> DD starts with one and is random (relevance value  not relevant) If
> you convert ones to zero, the color coding is random. I guess
> starting with one makes it better for MythTV so the colors aren't
> random, just the same.
>
> Again, this is a known (and documented) deficiency of the current
> replacement DD service.  I don't consider this a show-stopper.  My
> initial goal is to provide a service "good enough" for when TMS
> DataDirect goes away.   JSON is of course available (and more
> developed).
>
> Robert

One concern I have with the JSON service is that sd-utility.php changes the mythtv database schema. In particular, it changes the credits table adding to the valid enums for the role column. Now maybe this is a change that mythtv 0.28 will adopt, but will database upgrades fail for those of us who use sd-utility.php on our production 0.27 or earlier systems, and then try to upgrade to 0.28 or later in the future?

Regards,
Helen