[mythtv-users] how to change MythWeb Recordings List default sort order?

Karl Newman newmank1 at asme.org
Thu Oct 2 17:08:05 UTC 2014

On Thu, Oct 2, 2014 at 9:06 AM, Hika van den Hoven <hikavdh at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hoi John,
>
> Thursday, October 2, 2014, 3:39:45 PM, you wrote:
>
> > On Thu, Oct 2, 2014 at 9:31 AM, Steven Adeff <adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >> For some reason, the default sort order for the Recordings List via
> >> MythWeb for one of the systems I maintain, is always by oldest record
> >> date. Is there a setting somewhere that determines the default sort
> >> order?
> >>

> > For me it remembers whatever sort order from the last session.
>
> > John
>
> I don't now how it saves the last order, but if it is with
> cookies!... You need to have them enabled.

I don't think it's stored by cookies. It appears to be stored in the
session associated with the logged-in user. I poked around in the Mythweb
Sessions database table <http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Mythweb_sessions_table>
and saw some text "recorded_sortby". Normally you would just select the
column you want it to sort by and it should remember it for the next
session.

Karl