[mythtv-users] Schedules direct JSON information compared to XMLTV information and mythmetadatalookup

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Thu Oct 2 17:02:18 UTC 2014

On Thu, Oct 2, 2014 at 11:52 AM, jrh <jharbestonus at gmail.com> wrote:
> Could this be used instead of using mythmetadatalookup?

At this point, I do not believe anyone has contributed
a metadata grabber that supports any commercial service
offering using licensed and paid for data (whether that is
tms (via schedules direct), or fyi, or imdb, or something else).
Since the grabber definition is in the database, it should
be possible for you to write something to use (presumably)
a local license file with the sources official API to access
other metadata services, although I think it would be better
still if the crowds were better at maintaining the free services
data [one reaps what one sows, so everyone needs to be
both a giver as well as a taker; if the data is bad, one only
has to look in the mirror to identify who can fix it].