[mythtv-users] Schedules Direct DataDirect replacement service testing

Tom Dexter digitalaudiorock at gmail.com
Wed Oct 1 20:50:07 UTC 2014

On Wed, Oct 1, 2014 at 3:14 PM, Bryan Anderson <shadow431 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I just added to my hosts and ran mythfilldatabase.  Everything looks good so
> far, I will check my schedule this evening, but based on cli output looks
> good on my box.
>
> Bryan
>
> -Bryan Anderson

Interesting...thanks for the update.  the other day I started looking
at the 0.27.3-fixes MythTV code around the schedules direct stuff, and
one part threw me off...though I haven't looked into it in detail:

In the file mythtv/libs/libmythtv/datadirect.cpp I see this:

    DataDirectURLs urls1(
        "Schedules Direct",
        "http://webservices.schedulesdirect.tmsdatadirect.com"
        "/schedulesdirect/tvlistings/xtvdService",
        "http://schedulesdirect.org",
        "/login/index.php");

What didn't add to be where those last two entries, which appear to
get used in DataDirectProcessor::GrabLoginCookiesAndLineups to log in
and get a login cookie.  Given that the hosts file change wouldn't
affect schedulesdirect.org itself, that didn't make sense.  That is,
that the new server could use a cookie from a login on the the live
shedulesdirect.org server.  Maybe something there isn't being used as
I'm assuming...like I said I hadn't looked into it in detail.

Tom