[mythtv-users] Screen Goes Blank on Standby, Then Never Wakes Up

Tom Wheeler tomwheel at gmail.com
Wed Oct 1 13:43:08 UTC 2014

On Wed, Oct 1, 2014 at 12:12 AM, faginbagin <mythtv at hbuus.com> wrote:

> Anyone who has hit this problem might want to log into launchpad.net and
> say the following bug affects them:
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/xfce4-settings/+bug/1308105
> If enough people do that, maybe we'll get a fix before 16.04 is released.

Thanks, Helen. Last night I discovered that my change to the xorg.conf file
didn't completely solve the problem. I can now shut the receiver on and off
without the blue screen, but after the frontend sits idle for several
hours, I still see the blue screen.

When looking at the Xorg.log file, I did see that there are mention of
"NULL" mode after the blue screen appears, so the issue you referenced
seems very relevant. I will try the proposed solutions and comment in the
issue with any details that might be helpful.