[mythtv-users] Intel NUC DN2820FYKH frontend build

Mike Rice mikerice1969 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 1 06:06:33 UTC 2014

On Tue, Sep 30, 2014 at 4:36 AM, Rob Jensen <bertaboy at gmail.com> wrote:

> Can you try using picture-in-picture?  That's something I wish my frontend
> could do, but it just doesn't have enough oomph.  Also, does live TV
> continue to play smoothly when scrolling through the EPG?

I almost never use Live TV and never PIP so I may not have things
configured correctly and I haven't yet crosschecked the settings from my
old frontend.

That said, I put on some live Tennis and  it was playing okay with the OSD
down but top was reporting the CPUs at 150%.  Moving through the channels
in the OSD did produce a bit of chop.  I hit 'R' and created a recording of
that show, left Live TV, and played the recording back and top reported 50%
on the CPUs.  Not sure what causes the extra 100% in LiveTV playback.

The PIP didn't do well at all.  It was dropping a lot of frames.  This
didn't work any better on my other front end though (Core Duo/nvidia card).

This frontend is on a new OS and mythtv version for me so I'll probably be
ironing out kinks for a few weeks but so far it looks like it will meet my
needs nicely.