[mythtv-users] Frontend can't connect to backend on new mythbuntu install

Mark Pennock markitman2 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 30 21:33:43 UTC 2014

Thanks everyone for helping on this list. It took me two days to get it
working again and I had so many little things I was looking at I can't say
for sure what the problem was.

I'm a little confused on what the frontend does. Does it connect to the
myth backend or just to the mythconverg database?

Anyway, I believe that the most likely cuplrit was in the /etc/mysql/my.cnf
file, I had to set bind-address=192.168.1.5.

On Sun, Nov 30, 2014 at 5:49 AM, Thomas Boehm <mythtv-users at lists.boehmi.net