[mythtv-users] Star Ratings no longer inserted

glen glenb at glenb.us
Sun Nov 30 16:22:20 UTC 2014

On Sun, Nov 30, 2014 at 8:11 AM, Mike Perkins
<mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk> wrote:
> On 30/11/14 14:58, glen wrote:
>
> (Snip)
>>
>> i did use sd for a while and had trouble because i use 4 different
>> inputs each
>> with different channels, qam, over the air, hdpvr and firewire. and
>> only two
>> sources on sd, ota and time warner.  so i wound up using xmltv
>> utility grabber
>> to get single data files and run miythfilldatabase with the 4
>> different files.
>> each separate. probably next week in my area the qam goes away as
>> time warner is
>> encrypting everything.
>>
> If you have four inputs each of which supplies a different set of
> channels, then you must define four sources - even if those sets
> appear to overlap.
>
> Each source in mythtv identifies a set of channels available at an
> input and a consistent tuning method to obtain any one of those
> channels.
>
> I can understand only wanting to download data once and then filter
> before applying to your database but I believe that using the SD
> mechanism will do this for you. No need for hoops and acrobatics.
>
> --
>
> Mike Perkins

i do have four sources defined in mythtv. that is how i am filling the
database. i don't know yet about the current sd implementation, but the
prior went from only the sources defined on schedules direct which in
my case were 2. so the automatic grabber would insert channels where i
did not want them. i used the xmltv grabber, with sd as source and made
separate configs with the channels i wanted for each source and took
the resulting 4 files and then used mythfilldatabase command to
populate and it worked fine that way through batch files and cron.

i only switched to the tvguide setup because i like the listings
content better and did not realize it was a toc violation based on info
at webgrabplus (as abo.ve).

i am getting off topic of the post which is that from a command line
the mythfilldatabase is no longer picking up star ratings from valid
xml files, so i was trying to figure out if it was the change in the
parser or something in my system