[mythtv-users] Is CRID an international standard?

blind Pete 0123peter at gmail.com
Fri Nov 28 07:50:23 UTC 2014

On Thu, 27 Nov 2014 08:20:29 +0100
"Angela" <angela.schmid at wolke7.net> wrote:

> > So using CRIDs as program IDs breaks things from MythTV's point of
> > view.
>
> For me it is not clear which problem you have, but maybe you
> experience the same problem I had:
> https://www.mythtv.org/pipermail/mythtv-users/2014-June/364899.html
>
> Maybe the attached patch could be of help for you, it removes the
> programID/seriesID from the EIT event, before writing to the DB.
> It also describes the problem I had with the programID/seriesID.
>
> Angela

The CRID includes information about which sub-channel the broadcast was
on.  So, the unique part at the end identifies a program, but the CRID
as a whole differs between the original and the repeat.  Even though
titles and descriptions match, MythTV thinks that the programs are
different and records both.  It is not a major problem, but it is one of
those little surprises that pop up every now and again.

For a patch to be useful to me I will have to learn how to compile.
That is on my TODO list, but not high on the list.  Unfortunately
no-one has any other ideas, so I will continue to kludge the occasional
recording rule and think about mucking about with the compiler later.

Thank you.

--
testing
bP